History

BEGINNINGS WITH A HERITAGE

1924 

Davis Hydaker was established by Charles Davis and George M. Hydaker to help bring electricity to rural America.

1948

Franklin B. Wheatlake was hired by the Davis-Hydaker Company.

1950

F. B. Wheatlake became a partner with George Hydaker of Davis-Hydaker Company.

1955

Davis Hydaker was renamed The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company and moved the growing business to West Michigan.  

1958

Hydrolake Leasing & Service Company was established to perform right-of-way clearing.

1963

Reed City Power Line Incorporated was formed. Reed City Power Line was created out of the need for a distributor to provide materials to Public Power, Investor Owned Utilities, and The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company.

1965

Reed City Power Line opens their longstanding office in Lima, Ohio.

1967

Reed City (GMC Truck) Sales & Service is established.

1971

Franklin C. Wheatlake begins employment at The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company.

1984

Hydrolake Incorporated builds a pole production facility to harvest Red Pine poles for the utility industry.

1986

Reed City Power Line purchases E&C Supply IN (USC's only inorganic growth).

1988

Reed City Power Line Supply consolidates business and changes name to just Power Line Supply.

1990

Franklin C. Wheatlake becomes the second generation to grow the business after FBW's passing.

2007

Corporate Holding Company, Utility Supply & Construction Company, is formed. 

2012

Crossroads Mobile Maintenance is established to better service heavy-duty equipment for customers in the utility and construction industries