Field Service Technician- Level 3
- Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of on- and off-road heavy duty trucks and equipment.
- Engine Diagnostics.
- DOT inspections and inspection/testing of equipment
- Fabrication, including welding and machining of chassis and structural components
- Maintain service records and other paperwork
- Parts inventory control
- Compliance with company and customer safety policies, capable of working safely and productively without constant supervision
- CDL class A driver’s license, clean driving record, background check required
- Computer Skills Necessary
- Hydraulic and Electronic Repair is everyday work.
Experience in heavy duty trucks and equipment is desired. Must have own tools. Great benefit package.
Pay range for this position is $25.00-$38.00 and dependent upon qualifications.
This Job Description establishes and describes the basic function, reporting relationships, duties, responsibilities and education/experience requirements for the functional position of the Field Service Technician level 1 of Crossroads Mobile Maintenance (CRMM) as assigned to that function by the Field Service Manager. This position is considered an hourly position, the job requirements and your performance will dictate the required hours to complete the necessary tasks with possible overtime requirements per week. All overtime work shall be approved prior to performing outside of the regular pay.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for his own service truck, Inventory Management of parts, shop tooling of truck, and company property. The Field Technician will maintain Crossroads Mobile Maintenance’s strong focus on creating a culture of safety, integrity, passion, and intelligence.
The primary function and focus of CRMM is to facilitate Utility Asset Preventive Maintenance Program Development and Administration, Utility Truck and Equipment Parts Sales, Utility Asset Design, Fabrication and Up-fit, Utility Transport Service and Utility Service and Safety Training.
The Field Service Technician receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to, the Field Service Manager for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities.
The Field Service Technician must maintain harmonious relationships with company employees, Customers, Contractors, Owners, and other individuals associated with ongoing business.
Field Service Technician Level 3 Job Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar field
- 3-5 year’s knowledge of Class 1-8 Trucks, Trailers, Aerial equipment, and Construction equipment
- CDL class A driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Have own tools
- Dependent on the state you live in, certifications to preform repairs
- Basic computer skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced hydraulics troubleshooting and repair experience
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting and repair experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Associate’s Degree in Heavy Equipment Technology or Technical trade school certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Heavy Equipment Technology or similar field
- ASE master certifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principle duties and responsibilities of the Field Service Technician consist of but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all aspects of the maintenance contract between CRMM and any customer
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of on and off road medium/heavy duty trucks
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of on and off road aerial equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of construction equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of trailers
- Troubleshoot and repair customer units in the field
- Diesel engine diagnostics
- Diesel engine teardown rebuilds
- Gas engine diagnostics and minor repair
- Perform DOT inspections on trucks and trailers
- Perform construction, aerial and testing equipment inspections
- Perform DC dielectric testing of aerial equipment
- Hydraulic and electronic repair is everyday work
- Certifications in welding/ cutting/ fabricating skill- use of Stick, MIG, Plasma cutter and Oxygen/ Acetylene torches
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
- Test operation of completed units
- Must be willing to attend all required training
- Observe and comply with government, CRMM, and our customers’ safety and security standards
- Capable of working without constant supervision
- Maintain your truck’s condition, appearance, and housekeeping
- Maintain the inventory on your truck and the tools that come with it
- Must be willing to obtain all required tools
- Communicate with your supervisor and scheduler on a daily basis or as needed
- Act as a representative of CRMM and perform work in a professional manner
- Comply with reporting and paperwork details in a timely manner by turning it in no later than 9am the next day
- Must be able to work varied hours including evenings as necessary and to be on the road 3 -4 nights per week