General Foreman must perform the following essential functions of their jobs:
- Read, follow, and direct employees on electrical, civil, or manufacture drawings to build, maintain, or remove utility lines and utility line components correctly and safely.
- Adapt and maintain procedures to insure all of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company's site personnel are meeting all of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company safety policies and MIOSHA or local safety measures. Hold safety meetings weekly or as directed by management. Insures that the proper safety equipment is on site and utilized when needed, such as PPE or proper equipment to prevent unsafe acts by personnel.
- Follow steel erection drawings and direct employees to assemble electrical structures.
- Direct and inform employees on the following:
- Climb steel towers, monopoles or wood poles at various positions to safely perform repairs, install new conductors, insulators, transformers, fuses, etc.
- Digging trenches and holes by hand
- Teach employees to safely work with energized conductors
- Operate aerial equipment (bucket trucks), digger derricks, cranes, backhoes, skid steers, bulldozers, and various other construction equipment
- Operate a commercial vehicle (bucket trucks, digger derricks, etc.)
- Work on the computer with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
If interested in applying, please provide resume to:
Utility Supply and Construction Company
Attn: Human Resources
420 Roth St., Suite A Reed City, MI 49677
No phone calls please.