Hydaker Wheatlake is seeking a Project Coordinator to work in Indianapolis, IN and the surrounding areas. This position will perform complex coordination and assist the Project Managers and estimating staff to ensure that all assignments are completed accurately, timely, within budget, with a high degree of quality and that they produce an acceptable level of profit.
Project Coordinators are responsible for being an administrator and coordinator, providing the necessary planning, organization, direction, and control to meet the operational goals of the company for each project, which are focused on power transmission, distribution, substation, renewable energy, and gas distribution.
Duties and responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible to manage project assignments specified by the Project Manager or other departments, including internal and external needs, as assigned by the Divisional Vice-President.
- Ensures that all tasks and duties are completed on time and within budget, as deemed necessary by the appointed supervisor.
- Ensures that all information for progress billings, final billings, and service work are submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists Project Managers with staffing needs and personnel paperwork with proper communication to the company home office.
- Project Managers assign them to coordinate with contractors, inter-organizational departments and Owners to ensure the prompt start of all assigned projects.
- Ensures all drawings and specifications are available for field personnel and that the most up-to-date and accurate set is maintained for the field and office from start of the project to completion.
- Act as a liaison between customers and the company to ensure that all necessary processes are complete to meet the customer's expectations and maintain goodwill for future business.
- Assists the Project Managers or Chief Estimator in preparing the project budgets.
Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to work in all aspects of construction projects.
- Knowledge of pertinent building codes for the states and counties in which The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company does business.
- Must have a knowledge of and ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings, specifications, and system documentation.
- Must possess the ability to work closely with diverse groups of people, including company employees at all levels, area contractors, owners, suppliers and other outside professionals with whom the company deals with on a regular basis.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products and MS Projects for scheduling are required.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Business Administration; however, extensive managerial experience in the Electrical Contracting industry may substitute.
Required: High School Degree or equivalent.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Optional Short and Long Term Disability
- Competitive Salary
If interested in applying, please provide resume to email@example.com