Power Line Supply has an immediate opening for a Sales Engineer-Midwest. Great Benefit Package. If interested in applying, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22, 2017.
Basic Job Function
- The Sales Engineer reports to the General Manager-Midwest and is charged with the technical sales support for the Cooperative and Municipal utility markets.
- Power Line Supply’s team approach is to secure professional and personal relationships at all levels within a utility’s organization.
- The Sales Engineer will provide commissioning, application training, troubleshooting, attend trade shows, and market our solutions to our customers throughout our service area.
- The Sales Engineer will become the technical resource to all levels within our customer’s Engineering, Operations, and Metering Departments.
- The Sales Engineer will be knowledgeable in Substation Apparatus, Distribution Equipment, AMI, Metering, Demand Response, Distributed Generation, Cyber and Physical Security, SCADA and Power Systems.
- The Sales Engineer will coordinate sales activities with Power Line Supply account managers in order to assure an effective sales and support strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategy for sales of utility solutions and services that:
- Adds value to our customers by assuring their electric grid is properly maintained and supported through PLS products and services.
- Enhances the safety culture of our utility customers and their contractors through education on proper solution use and maintenance
- Supports the sales initiatives of the various account managers
- Enhances and supports the initiatives and programs of our primary vendor partners
- Increases overall sales and profitability
- Be proficient in use of PLS’ P21 ERP system.
- Prepare presentations and sales proposals as necessary.
- Attend trade shows as necessary to promote Power Line Supply solutions and programs.
- Facilitate communication through the Account Manager and Customer Service team and assure that all parties understand the solutions, programs and promotions which are focused on in order to assure an effective sales and support process.
- Travel as necessary throughout the territory in order to build relationships with our customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the proper use and maintenance of the various solutions offered through the technical group.
- Participate in the creation of annual budget(s).
- Comply with all safety policies, rules, and regulations.
- Acts as a representative of Power Line Supply Company in the community.
- Prepares reports requested, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists personnel in resolving any problem areas.
- Stays current on developments with competitors, suppliers, and customers.
- Stays current on industry trends and best practices.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with all company employees. This includes "inter" and "intra" departmental employees. Also included are all customers, contractors, owners, suppliers, etc.
- Acts within the letter and spirit of the laws of the United States, the States and municipalities in which The Power Line Supply Company operates.
- Ensures that any contractual agreements, customer/vendor information, and pricing structure are maintained as confidential in nature, in accordance with The Power Line Supply Company confidentiality requirement contained in the company handbook.
- Ensure your availability to respond to Storm or Emergency work that may occur from time to time for proper support of customer’s needs.
- Performs any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual or special duty the President may assign from time to time.
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field; however, Prior experience in sales or utility work may be considered. Knowledge of Smart Grid technology, metering and electric power utility solutions is preferred.
Experience 5 to 7 years of experience in a sales role or equivalent experience in electrical or utility work. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Skills Must have the ability to speak in front of groups and effectively demonstrate PLS solution offerings. Must have the ability to effectively use a variety of office equipment including computers and other devices. Must be capable of effectively using various software programs including the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Travel Up to 50-75% travel may be required (5-8 overnights/month), mainly within the Iowa/Illinois Region.
If interested in applying, please send resume to email@example.com by December 22, 2017.