This Job Description establishes and describes the basic function, reporting relationships, duties, responsibilities and education/experience requirements for the functional position of the Shop Service Technician level 2 of Crossroads Mobile Maintenance (CRMM) as assigned to that function by the Shop Service Manager. This position is considered an hourly position, the job requirements and your performance will dictate the required hours to complete the necessary tasks with possible overtime requirements per week. All overtime work shall be approved prior to performing outside of the regular pay.
The Shop Service Technician is responsible for his/her own tools, shop tools, shop, customer’s property, and company property. The Shop Service Technician will maintain Crossroads Mobile Maintenance’s strong focus on creating a culture of safety, integrity, passion, and intelligence.
The primary function and focus of CRMM is to facilitate Utility Asset Preventive Maintenance Program Development and Administration, Utility Truck and Equipment Parts Sales, Utility Asset Design, Fabrication and Up-fit, Utility Transport Service and Utility Service and Safety Training.
The Shop Service Technician receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to, the Shop Service Manager for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities.
The Shop Service Technician must maintain harmonious relationships with company employees, Customers, Contractors, Owners, and other individuals associated with ongoing business.
Shop Service Technician Level 2 Job Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar field
- 1-3 year’s knowledge of Class 1-8 Trucks, Trailers, Aerial equipment, and Construction equipment
- Chauffer’s license and DOT medical card and a clean driving record
- Have own tools (see tool list for minimum requirements)
- Certifications to preform repairs
- Basic computer skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced hydraulics troubleshooting and repair experience
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- CDL class A driver’s license
- Associate’s Degree in Heavy Equipment Technology or Technical trade school certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Heavy Equipment Technology or similar field
- ASE master certifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principle duties and responsibilities of the Shop Service Technician consist of but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all aspects of the maintenance contract between CRMM and any customer
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of on and off road medium/heavy duty trucks
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of on and off road aerial equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of construction equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of trailers
- Troubleshoot and repair customer units in the field
- Diesel engine minor diagnostics
- Diesel engine external/internal repair work
- Gas engine diagnostics and minor repair
- Perform DOT inspections on trucks and trailers
- Hydraulic and electronic repair is everyday work
- Test operation of completed units
- Must be willing to attend all required training
- Observe and comply with government, CRMM, and our customers’ safety and security standards
- Capable of working without constant supervision
- Maintain your workspace, appearance, and housekeeping
- Must be willing to obtain all required tools
- Communicate with your supervisor and scheduler on a daily basis or as needed
- Act as a representative of CRMM and perform work in a professional manner
- Comply with reporting and paperwork details in a timely manner by turning it in at shift end
- Must be able to work your scheduled shift hours including service calls when needed
If interested in applying, please provide resume to:
Utility Supply and Construction Company
Attn: Human Resources
420 Roth St., Suite A Reed City, MI 49677
No phone calls please!!!