SUBSTATION GENERAL FOREMAN OR SUBSTATION PROJECT MANAGER
The Hydaker-Wheatlake Co. has an immediate opening for a Substation General Foreman or Substation Project Manager in the vicinity of Indiana and Ohio. If interested in applying, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Foreman or Project Manager must perform the following essential functions of their jobs:
- Read, follow, and direct employees on electrical, civil, or manufacture drawings to build, maintain, or remove utility lines and utility line components correctly and safely.
- Adapt and maintain procedures to insure all of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company's site personnel are meeting all of The Hydaker-Wheatlake Company safety policies and MIOSHA or local safety measures. Hold safety meetings weekly or as directed by management. Insures that the proper safety equipment is on site and utilized when needed, such as PPE or proper equipment to prevent unsafe acts by personnel.
- Follow steel erection drawings and direct employees to assemble electrical structures.
- Direct and inform employees on the following:
- Climb steel towers, monopoles or wood poles at various positions to safely perform repairs, install new conductors, insulators, transformers, fuses, etc.
- Digging trenches and holes by hand
- Teach employees to safely work with energized conductors
- Operate aerial equipment (bucket trucks), digger derricks, cranes, backhoes, skid steers, bulldozers, and various other construction equipment
- Operate a commercial vehicle (bucket trucks, digger derricks, etc.)
- Work on the computer with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
This position requires experience in the electrical utility construction industry.